Saturday, May 28, 2016

Quiet moments + self love

As I write this, my darling girl is laying on my belly sleeping peacefully. Sometimes she still needs me to make sure she gets a decent morning nap and I'm willing to do what it takes, even if it means laying here and not getting something done.

But it also makes me think about my body. I'm the biggest I've ever been in my life except for when I was with child and I hate buying new clothes knowing it's temporary. My girl will be a year old soon and I haven't lost much weight so I had to drop the ego and get bigger clothes. 

Too often, we women feel like we have to conform and be uncomfortable wearing the smallest size we can fit in. Sometimes it's hard to get that message out of your brain since it's blasted at us constantly by the media, magazines, etc. Most women don't have perfect bodies and shouldn't feel like we must.

My personal issue lies with my belly. There is so much loose skin from pregnancy that few things fit right. The rest of me is basically the same as before. So it's tough some days to remember that this body created a life, that it makes a good pillow for her, that it helped feed her and continues to care for her, regardless of how tired and worn out it may be.

So today, I'm happily wearing bigger capris and am looking forward to working out more but am ok with where I am. I'm working on loving myself as is and hope that every woman does the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment